Friday, May 3, 2013

FEELING GOOD!!!

I will be 22 weeks pregnant Monday and I am feeling good! Finally!

I have been catching up on things around the house and garden that I have neglected since I was feeling so bad in my 1st trimester. Now that I am in my 2nd, and feeling great, I decided to play catch up!

This past Wednesday, one of my best friends called me to let me know that she found strawberries for $7 a flat at a local salvage store near by. I decided this would be a perfect opportunity put some strawberries in the freezer. I ended up with four flats and decided to put some in the freezer, can some of them and make some strawberry jelly! She also let me know how easy and fast it is to use an egg slicer for slicing strawberries. It worked like a charm!

Here is what mine looks like:




I have, so far, put sliced strawberries in the freezer, strawberries with a little sugar (for strawberry shortcake) in the freezer, sliced strawberries up in jars and next week, after our little bugs birthday Monday, make strawberry jelly with the remaining 6 lbs. that is still in the frig.





I figure while I am feeling so good, I might as well do all I can until I start feeling rotten again!

God Bless!

1 comment:

  1. I'm so glad you are feeling better. Your berries look pretty. We ate so many strawberries, but still have a lot in the freezer. I've been back there three times, but they haven't had berries again. We were both blessed that day!

    ReplyDelete