Wednesday, December 31, 2014

Yummy Homemade Chili for the New Year....

 
Well, I decided to use my new Lodge Dutch oven to cook our chili in for our New Year's Eve party tonight. My sweet family got this awesome gift for me for Christmas! I love those guys so much.
 
 

I thought I would share this really good homemade chili recipe with you just in case you would like to make some of this yummy, hot, goodness on an upcoming cold night.
 
 
 
Homemade Chili Recipe


 
 
2 pounds of ground meat, I used ground vension
1/4 cup cooking oil
1 large onion, chopped
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 small can of tomato sauce
1 can no salt added petite diced tomatoes
1 15 ounce can of chili beans
1 cup water
1/3 cup chili powder
1/4 cup sugar
1/2 - 1 Tablespoon of salt
1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
1/4 cup ketchup
 
In a large Dutch oven, saute your onions and garlic until translucent. Add your ground meat and cook until done. Add your remaining ingredients and cook on low for about an hour.
 
ENJOY!!!!!
 
 
GOD BLESS!
 
 

1 comment:

  1. Chili is perfect for this chilly weather. That pot is a nice gift. Mitch got me a similar one last Christmas, and I use it all the time. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete