I found a super easy recipe from here and thought I would give it a try. Well guess what? It turned out great!
Here are a couple of pictures I took of it before I give the ok to devour it! That is just what happened. I don't think it lasted more than 5 minutes.
Here is the very easy and yummy recipe.
EASY ARTISAN BREAD
3 cups flour (calls for all-purpose, we use freshly ground hard white wheat)
1/2 teaspoon yeast
1 1/2 teaspoon salt
1 1/2 cups lukewarm water
Add-ins: Cranberry/white chocolate/pecan
1. Put first 3 ingredients in bowl and stir until incorporated.
2. If you are going to use add-ins, put them in now.
3. Add the lukewarm water.
4. Cover the bowl with saran wrap. Set aside and let rest for 8-20 hours.
5. After dough has rested, flour a surface or a bowl. Wet hands and pat into a ball-try to get as round as you can. Let it rise for an hour.
6. Meanwhile, preheat you oven to 450 degrees F.
7. Place your pot into the oven at 450 degrees for 30 minutes.
8. After the bread has risen for an hour, take your pot out of the oven and place bread in the hot pot.
9. Bake for 30 minutes. Take lid off and bake another 10-15 minutes.
10. Let cool before slicing.
This is an awesome artisan bread recipe. Try it, you will not be disappointed.