Sunday, November 6, 2011

MENU PLAN

Here is our meal plan for this week. I purchased a new cookbook that I have been wanting for a while. The name of it is Nourishing Traditions.It is wonderful. I have been trying to cook alot healthier for my family. We have tried several recipes out of this book. We try to make kefir on a regular basis and we found a very yummy and healthy kefir smoothie recipe in this book. This week I am using a few of the Nourishing Tradition recipes in our menu plan. I will give the page numbers to the recipes just in case you have one of these awesome books and would like follow along or join me in preparing these recipes.I will also have some of the recipes available in another post. You can get them under RECIPES!





SUNDAY, NOVEMBER 6

Coffee before church
Eating Out!
Snacks (Usually don't serve snacks for supper but we started Christmas play practice and had a long afternoon at church.)

MONDAY, NOVEMBER 7

Mexican Eggs (Heuvos Rancheros) in Nourishing Traditions pg. 438 and cheese omelet for my picky eater
Cheese Quesadillas and Fruit
Chicken & Dumplings, Green Beans and Sweet Potato Casserole

TUESDAY, NOVEMBER 8

Pancakes in Nourishing Traditions Cookbook pg. 478
Leftover Spaghetti and Meat Sauce and Carrot Salad in Nourishing Traditions Cookbook pg. 193
French Onion Soup in Nourishing Traditions pg. 200 (minus the cognac in the recipe)

WEDNESDAY, NOVEMBER 9

Cheese eggs and granola bars that we made yesterday. This will be brunch since today is our music lessons day.
Black Bean Burritos in Nourishing Traditions pg. 430

THURSDAY, NOVEMBER 10

Basic Muffins in Nourishing Traditions Cookbook pg. 482 (Variation: add chocolate chips for my picky eater and add crystallized ginger for the rest of us.) I will make these on Wednesday!
Some kind of sandwich and chips (our grocery day)
Sloppy Joes on homemade hamburger buns (the buns are a recipe I got from a Homestead Blessings DVD entitled "The Art of Breadmaking"http://www.homestead-blessings.com/products.html/) and herb potatoes

FRIDAY, NOVEMBER 11

Mini Breakfast Pizzas
Leftovers
Nachos

SATURDAY, NOVEMBER 12

Coffee and toast
Homemade granola (made from the day before) and Pumpkin Tea Bread (from the pumpkins we got at the Pumpkin Patch)
Toasted Bean & Cheese Open Faced Sandwiches

No comments:

Post a Comment