Friday, September 7, 2012

plans.......The Prairie Primer



We are starting our Prairie Primer on Monday, September 10th. Everyone is so excited!!! I have been gathering information for a little over a week now. The only thing I am lacking is the hog's bladder. I haven't tried to find one yet. I am not sure how easy or hard it will be to find one. I am going to call a slaughter house tomorrow and see if they can she some light into this matter for me.

I have been reading a lot in the primer to decide what we are going to do from day to day. I feel that we will not be able to do everything it lists. So, I will definitely do Bible, Vocabulary and Living every day. The others I will spread out.

I found the Little House Cookbook on Ebay for a really good price.




We are planning to cook out of it at least two times a week.

I am still trying to decide if I want to purchase the Prairie Binder-Builder Lapbook.  We will start without it Monday.

So, as we start our Prairie Primer, I will continue to blog about all of the fun things we are planning with this study!



I am linking up to www.theusualmayhem.blogspot.com. Go check out the other Little House link ups!


God Bless!

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for linking up! I'll look forward to seeing how it goes for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It took me a month to acquire a hog's bladder from our local mobile slaughter guy. The poor guy kept forgetting because it was such an unusual request. He came through 1 day before my daughter's Little House on the Prairie themed b-day party. Our house was for sale and being shown at the same time he dropped it off. I think we might have scared them away with that one, LOL. Never a dull moment!

    ReplyDelete